Simple Protein-Moisture Balanced Deep Treatment [Shea Moisture Giveaway]
Last week, I discussed the different ways that I personalize my deep conditioning treatments to suit my hair needs. I received questions about the specific deep conditioners I own and how I use them.
Of all the protein deep conditioners that I have tried before, only one has remained a staple in my stash – Shea Moisture’s Yucca and Baobab Strengthening Masque. Because protein treatments tend to make some naturalistas hair hard, I almost always try to balance the moisture and protein when I do protein treatments.
How I use the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
My simple recipe is as follows;
- 2 tablespoon Yucca and Baobab Masque
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk powder & Fuller’s Earth clay mix
- 1 tablespoon red palm oil
- Few drops oil mix (optional)
- I apply the mixture to the sections that I washed my hair in (usually 4-6)
- I then cover with a plastic bag, a shower cap and a towel/turban and go about my housework
- After about 45 minutes, I wash out with warm water and rinse-out conditioner
- I follow this with a cold water rinse and proceed to moisturize and style
If your hair is more tolerant of protein, do feel free to use the product straight out of the tin without mixing other things in it. For moisture only treatments, you can try out the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque.
Strong but very moisturized hair and offers a great foundation for styling.
Naturals For You is owned by Ugandan ladies with natural hair. They import popular hair products from the USA for naturalistas that are eager to try out the brands that are not readily available in Uganda. Some of the brands they stock include Shea Moisture, Cantu, Giovanni and As I Am.
They have graciously sponsored a giveaway and will be awarding a Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque to one lucky winner on Independence day.
To enter the giveaway;
1. Use the Widget Below to enter. All entries are recorded and this widget helps us to ensure that all entrants have an equal chance of winning as long as they fulfill all the requirements. The widget also helps us to select winners at random.
2. This giveaway is open to Ugandan residents who are above 18 years of age.
3. It is mandatory to like Naturals For You on Facebook and to subscribe to Natural Hair UG. After completing these 2 mandatory entry options, you will be able to access 1 other option that allows you to earn 5 extra entry points. If you do this, you increase your chances of winning.
All the best!
Connect with Naturals For You: Facebook