DIY Hair Mask for Natural Hair
Earlier this week, we had an awesome interview with Judy about transitioning from relaxed to natural hair (without losing your mind!). She mentioned the value of her own DIY hair mask for natural hair. Her relaxed hair also benefited from it. In the spirit of supporting fellow sisters, we’ve asked Anisha to share her recipe with the crew… so all of us can have prosperous hair!!! Do let her know how you like it in the comments below.
This is a guest post by Anisha – owner of Naturals for You – a mobile shop for natural hair products.
I got a lot of questions of how I do my DIYs (Do It Yourself). Since June 2016, I have been using my homemade products ie; shampoo, deep conditioner, leave in conditioner, flaxseed gel and styling creme.
Honestly, this has paid off as my hair feels good, soft and manageable. In the next couple days I will be sharing how I make these products maybe some of you might love to try them out. Today, I will start with the simplest; The hair Mask. Get your inner mixtress ready to make this easy DIY Hair Mask for natural hair ... and it works just as well for transitioners.
- An egg
- 1 banana
- 1 avocado
- 2 lemons or lemon Juice
- Olive oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Aloe vera Juice
- Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- Blend everything together until it’s a smooth paste
- Sieve the paste using a strainer with very tiny holes to avoid leaving banana and avocado small particles in your hair as it can be annoying.
- Apply to dry or wet hair(I usually apply mine on dry hair) evenly making sure every hair strand is covered with the mask
- Cover your head with a shower cap or kaveera (my favorite) and leave it for 30 – 45minutes or however long you want.
- Rinse out the mask with warm water.
This mask is good for those with dull and damaged hair.
Disclaimer: this mask doesn’t have a pleasant smell but you can add any essential oil of your choice if you don’t want to spend 30 minutes smelling like bananas and avocados.
So ladies, let us know in the comments below….How did you like Anisha’s recipe of this DIY Hair Mask?